Probably the only Olympic shirt I will ever buy. (Pris avec Instagram)
You know you are from Montreal when;
You Know You’re From Montreal When…
- You pronounce it “Muntreal”, not “Mahntreal”.
- You have ever said anything like “I have to stop at the guichet before we get to the dep.”
- Your only concern about jaywalking is getting a ticket.
- You agree that Montreal drivers are crazy, but you’re secretly proud of their nerves of steel.
- The most exciting thing about the South Shore is that you can turn right on a red.
- You know that the West Island is not a separate geographical formation.
- You refer to Tremblant as “up North.”
- You know how to pronounce Pie IX.
- You greet everyone, from lifelong bosom friends to some one you met once a few years ago, with a two-cheek kiss.
- You know at least one person who works for the CBC, and at least one other person who used to work for Nortel.
- You’ve been hearing Celine Dion jokes longer than anyone else.
- You cringe when Bob Cole pronounces French hockey player names.
- You were drinking cafe-au-lait before it was a latte.
- You order fries ‘with sauce’, not ‘with gravy’.
- Shopper’s Drug Mart is Pharmaprix and Staples is Bureau en Gros, and PFK is finger lickin’ good.
- For two weeks a year, you are a jazz aficionado.
- You need to be reminded by prominent signage that you should wait for the green light.
- Everyone on the street - drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists - think they’re immortal, and that you’ll move first.
- You know the difference between the SQ, the SAQ, and the SAAQ.
- You measure temperature and distance in metric, but weight and height in Imperial measure.
- You show up at a party at 11 p.m. and no one else is there yet.
- You don’t drink pop or soda, you drink soft drinks.
- The margarine in your fridge is the same color as lard.
- Every once in a while, you wonder whatever happened to Luba.
- You never thought that Corey Hart was cool, but you know someone whose cousin dated him.
- There has to be at least 30 cm of snow on the ground in less than 24 hours for you to consider it too snowy to drive.
- You remember where you were during the Ice Storm.
- You used to be an Expos fan, but now all you really miss is Youppi.
- You don’t understand anyone from Lac-St-Jean, but you can fake the accent.
- You discuss potholes like most people discuss weather.
- While watching an American made-for-TV movie, you realize that “Vienna” is actually Old Montreal, that “New York” is actually downtown and that the “The Futuristic City” is actually Habitat ‘67.
- You find it amusing when people from outside Quebec compliment you on how good your English is.
- You have yet to understand a single announcement made on the Metro PA system, no matter what the language.
- You think of Old Montreal as nothing but a bunch of over-priced restaurants, old buildings and badly paved streets.
- You don’t find Non-Quebec comedians speaking “gibberish” French even remotely funny.
- You don’t find it weird that there’s a strip club on every corner downtown.
- You like your pizza all-dressed
*Found this on a site, all credits goes to them
I’m glad my student union (@csuconcordia) cares about unlawful arrests. I’ll keep this with me at all times. (Taken with Instagram at CSU)
Brutopia Brew pub on Crescent
Ohhh I miss Brutopia’s delicious brews! :)
Cloud and fog cover downtown Montreal